You can download a membership Membership Application, or register on-line at the bottom of this page.
Who Can Join?
Membership in the association is open to any individual with sincere interest in fire and life safety education and the objectives and purposes of the association. NYSAFE is a not for profit organization operated solely from dues payment and grants. Any and all monies received are used for the achievement of the objectives and purposes of the association.
What are the benefits of being a member of the Association
- You will have the opportunity to meet others involved in the same work or who shares the same concerns.
- You will receive two (2) newsletters annually, that are written for and by the membership to help keep fire and life safety educators aware of programs, conferences, and new ideas. You will also have access through this web site of newsletters that have been published this calender year and countless networking tips and ideas.
- You will be able to meet the other members at the annual meeting in conjunction with the New York State Public Fire Prevention Education Conference at the NYS Fire Academy in Montour Falls.
- You will be able to be involve in a networking organization for individuals to share information with one another.
Are there different levels of membership?
The main membership categories are:
- ACTIVE MEMBER: Persons eligible to become active members are individuals who have an interest in fire and life safety education and are willing to fulfill the objectives and purposes of the association.
- SUSTAINING MEMBER: Those eligible to become sustaining members are individuals, firms, corporations, institutions, societies, associations, board, bureaus, or commissions wishing to assist in attaining the objectives of the association.
- ORGANIZATIONAL MEMBERS:Emergency service organizations are eligible to become organizational members. Each organizational membership is entitled to have 5 active members listed on the association mailing list. Mail will be sent to all 5 members.
Annual membership dues are $10.00 for individual active members, and $50.00 for sustaining and organizational members.
We have also added a new sponsor category,
consisting of the following:
Friend / Patron $250
The Executive Board consists of the President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, and Regional Directors of the Association. The annual meeting of the Association is held in conjunction with the New York State Public Fire Prevention Education Conference at the NYS Fire Academy. At the general membership meeting, the officers are elected and any business relating to the affairs of the organization is conducted. The Executive Board holds semi-annual business meetings in each Region of the state on a rotating basis, which includes a short educational session open to all members.